The Basket Brigade Leadership Team Need You
We are seeking enthusiastic volunteers to join our leadership team to make this years event the biggest and most successful Basket Brigade ever run, building on the incredible achievements of previous years.
Please find below the type of activities you can become involved in. The commitment you make is entirely up to you but typically would involve 1-2 hours per week for team members and say 3-4 hours per week for team leaders. Team Leaders are requested to attend a fortnightly online Zoom call and in person team meetings when available. Being part of this team is a unique way to give back to the London community at a special time of year and a great opportunity for personal growth.
Here are some comments from some of our leadership team volunteers from the past:
“Incredibly rewarding experience to make a real difference to the lives of others”
“Being on the leadership team gave me a chance to develop my business and communication skills and meet some amazing people in the process”
“It really allowed me to put into practice everything I committed to at UPW and gave me an opportunity to serve others”
If you would like to know more please complete our Application Form.
Each Team has two levels of participation, Team Leaders and Team Members. We’re looking to have two team leaders for each team, supported by a number of team members. Team Leaders require someone who’s committed and can attend the fortnightly online meetings. You don’t necessarily have to attended a previous Basket Brigade event.
The teams we are looking for members for are.
– Join Rachel & Jodi, our Fundraising Team Leaders
– Help seek, beg, negotiate items for our annual online auction
– Develop and Design innovative way to raise funds for the event
– Oversee the organisation of charity fund raising events, such as a charity auction
– Design ways to increase corporate sponsorship of the event
– Vacancy: Team members to help support Jodi & Rachel.
– Ideal Skill set: Everyone is welcome on the team. Anyone with experience or contacts in fundraising.
Marketing and Communications
– Join Effie & Roberta’s team in shouting about Basket Brigade
– Design and develop key marketing messages for volunteers, charities and partners
– Design innovative ideas for raising the profile of Basket Brigade
– Help send out fortnightly emails to our subscribers
– Help post & share on social media
– Vacancy: Team members to help support Effie.
– Ideal Skill set: Everyone is welcome on the team. Anyone with experience in Marketing, PR & Digital Marketing would be a great addition to the team.
– Join Keeley & Will’s team in reaching out to charities to find recipients for this years baskets
– Liaise with charity partners to identify those most suitable to be recipients of the baskets
– Oversee all charity communication and partnerships
– Review & cleanse data sent back
– Vacancy: Team members to help support Keeley & Will.
– Ideal Skill set: Everyone is welcome on the team. Anyone with experience or contacts in the charities sector would be fantastic.
Technology (Website & Registration Process)
– Join Sarah & James’s team
– Vacancy: Graphic Designer to help with website & marketing
– Help update the Basket Brigade Web site
– Assist with the registration process
– Design innovative ways to utilise technology to improve the processes and procedures of Basket Brigade
– Create a process for matching driver data to recipient data
– Vacancy: Team members to help support Sarah.
– Ideal Skill set: Everyone is welcome on the team. Anyone with experience in website design / website build or graphic design would be a bonus. Also, if you have an IT background this would also be very useful.
Event Safety Team
– Join Bharat & Mel’s team
– Help marshal the event to ensure the safety of all volunteers
– Guide volunteers to the right place
– Managing of the car park
– Vacancy: Team members to help support Mel & Bharat.
– Ideal Skill set: Everyone is welcome on the team. Anyone with experience in crowd management, large crowds, security.
– Join Sayuri & Sudip’s Team
– Help secure items for baskets and/or seek the best possible discounts/good will from external organisations
– Liaising with wholesalers
– Sourcing of luxury items that organisations are willing to donate
– Purchasing of ancillary items needed for the event
– Vacancy: Team members to help support Sayuri & Sudip.
– Ideal Skill set: Everyone is welcome on the team. Anyone with experience or contacts in supermarket or retail buying would be a bonus.
– Join Ann & Nishma’s team
– The beating heart of the event, help manage what happens when & where
– Oversee and manage all aspects of logistics including site selection and management, location details, routes, etc
– Sourcing of supporting items such as Walkie Talkies, T-Shirts, AV,
– Vacancy: Team members to help support Ann & Nishma
– Ideal Skill set: Everyone is welcome on the team. Anyone with experience or contacts in event management would be a bonus.
– Join Maya’s team in helping keep the organisation of the event on track
– Oversee and coordinate all Basket Brigade activities
– Liaise with all stake holders as required
– Track progress using our project management platform
This is not an exhaustive list. All roles involve a team of enthusiastic people working together. If you would like to be involved in any way, or have ideas about how we can help those most in need in London through this special event please get in touch. Any member of our team would be happy to speak to you.
If you would like to apply to join one of the amazing teams please complete our Application Form.