Bid & Help Raise Funds via our Online Silent Auction using Handbid
Basket Brigade London has decided to step into the 21st century and use the power of online auctions to help raise much needed funds for our event on the 23rd December. We have chosen the Handbid platform to support this, so please follow the steps below in order to download & register for the auction. Happy Bidding.
If you’d like to donate anything to the auction, e.g. Night away, Wine Tasting, Theater Tickets, Sporting event tickets etc then please complete our form at http://www.basketbrigade.org.uk/auctiondonation
Step 1: Download the App
- Please visit your APP store and download the app “Handbid”. This is a free app and available on both Android & Apple stores
- If you don’t have a smartphone you can visit www.handbid.com to register and participate in the auction.
Step 2: Find 19th Basket Brigade London
- When you launch the app you should see our auction 2nd on the list as “20th Basket Brigade London 2018”, alternatively please select A-Z from the title and enter “basket”
- Once you click on the auction title, you have the option to “Browse” or “Register”. We recommend registering so that you’re then able to bid and also you’ll receive special notifications when new items are added.
Step 3: Register Your Details
- Then, once you’ve selected the Basket Brigade auction, you’ll see a screen to register. Click on “Register Now” and enter your details in order that you can browse the auction.
Step 4: Welcome
- At this point you may be prompted to “Enable Notifications”. By enabling this you’ll receive any notification if you’re outbid, new items are added or important announcements are made.
- Next you’ll see a Welcome screen, confirming the closing date of the Auction – 23rd December.
- You can then click on this or swipe left and you’ll be given the confirmation to “Let’s Start Bidding”
Step 5: Browse The Items
- Now, simply swipe left to browse through the different categories of items.
- Within a category, you can scroll up and down to see the different items
- If you’d like to know more about an item, simply click/press click on the image.
- You can now slide the image up to see the full description of the item and any fine print.
Step 6: Make a Bid
- Once you’ve found an item you’re interested in, then place a bid by clicking on “Bid Now”. You’ll then get a notification to confirm you’d like to place a bid.
- If you’re bid is still the highest, then you’ll receive a notification to say you’re “Winning”.
- Someone may have set the “Max Bid” higher that you’re bid, in which case you’ll have automatically been outbid, so perhaps think about adding a Max Bid yourself.
- With a Max Bid, if someone outbids you but it’s still below your Max Bid then the system will automatically increase your bid by the bin increment for that item, e.g.
- The item is currently £50
- You enter a Max Bid of £100
- The bid increment for the item is £5, so the system will set your bid as £55.
- When someone enters a bid of £60, the system will automatically increase your bid to £65 and so on.
GOOD LUCK in your bidding and thank you for helping to raise funds for Basket Brigade this year. Remember, just £14 feeds a family of 4 this Christmas day but much, much more it offers them hope that someone is thinking of them.
If you have anything that you’d like to donate to our auction, suggestions below, then please complete the form on this page: http://www.basketbrigade.org.uk/auctiondonation/
Examples of Auction Items We’re Looking For:
- Tickets to a sporting event, e.g. Football Match, Rugby Match
- A Wine Tasting Event
- Cocktail Making Masterclass
- Weekend Away
- Spa Day
- Overnight Stay
- Dinner at a “noted” restaurant